Five Suggestions for Renewing the Spark
So, you've been together for a while and the spark has dimmed. There are a number of things you can do to reignite that spark and they all start with focus. This article addresses only five ideas out of the countless possibilities. Just keep in mind, they are all just ideas to help you focus again on what is important to you. What you do isn't nearly as important as where you put your attention, but here are some ideas if you are stumped.
1. Take the time to look at your spouse as if you don't know everything about them. Look at him or her like you did when you met, with curiosity. Look for that bit that you've missed for all those years. I'm sure you know that there is no one in your life who knows every little thing about you. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be with someone who truly tried to know exactly what makes you happy and took the time to learn the details? Do this for the one you love.
2. Make a list of all the things you love about them. This list should be pages long and if it isn't, you aren't thinking hard enough. You might want to start with the obvious; start with the physical. Take every detail in from the top of their head to the bottom of their feet. Every single person has attractive physical qualities. List the ones you love about your partner. Next you might want to keep a notepad with you throughout a week. Note down everything your partner does that you love and appreciate. This can be challenging since we tend to fall into routines and take things for granted. This is the point exactly.
3. Remember what it was that first attracted you. Think back to the days when you first met. Remember those days when they made your stomach do flips and when you couldn't stay away. Those qualities are still there. If you aren't seeing them anymore, odds are you aren't looking.
4. Act as you did when you first met. When we first start a relationship we do anything and everything we can to attract the object of our desire. Once we have them, we often take them for granted and forget to do those things that helped create our relationship in the first place. Think about it, wouldn't you be thrilled if your spouse put forth as much effort now as they did when you first met?
5. Put as much or more effort into planning romance as you did when you were first trying to gain their attention. As in number four, you worked hard to create this relationship. It deserves just as much effort on maintenance. You can keep the romance, excitement, and passion alive with a little thought, focus, and action. You and your partner both deserve to have as much passion and romance as you did when you first met. Put effort into planning for it. If life tends to get in the way, prioritize it.
Copyright ©2008 S Ryanne Stellingwerf for more articles and information on the Law of Attraction or for help finding or improving a relationship, please visit http://www.intendingbliss.com/find_the_perfect_love.php
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=S_Ryanne_Stellingwerf
Gloria's Recommended Reading that will change your life